Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Help Me to Live for Others...


“Others”
By C.D. Meigs

Lord help me live from day to day
In such a self-forgetful way
That even when I kneel to pray
My prayer shall be for – Others.

Help me in all the work I do
To ever be sincere and true
And know that all I do for you
Must needs be done for – Others.

Let “Self” be crucified and slain
And buried deep; and all in vain
May efforts be to rise again
Unless to live for – Others.

And when my work on earth is done
And my new work in heaven’s begun
May I forget the crown I’ve won
While thinking still of – Others.

Others, Lord, yes others
Let this my motto be
Help me to live for others
That I may live like Thee.

F rom the very first phases of our building project, we have make every effort to not overlook the vision and mission of Crane Community Chapel. And a recent visit by Della and Dave Matt reaffirmed that vision. On Sunday, October 1st, Della shared a beautiful poem entitled Others.

As we continue studying and understanding the birth of the New Testament Church in the Book of Acts, let’s continue to understand and appreciate how very important Crane Chapel’s heritage of serving others really is.

It was to serve others that Christ came down from His glory to clothe himself in human flesh. It was for others that He gave His life on a cross. It was service to others that drove the missionaries in the Book of Acts to distant cities and far-away lands to share the life-giving message that Jesus saves.

Yes. . . Others must be our passion and it must be the purpose for the very existence of Crane Chapel. Whether others be a toddler, an AWANA child, a teen, a single adult, a busy mom, a working man, a widow, a senior citizen, or a shut-it, we must be available for service to others.
"Others, Lord, yes others; Let this my motto be."

- Pastor Mark Goossen

No comments: