Sunday, March 08, 2009

What is Faith?



What is Faith?

To a philospher: a blind leap in the dark.
To a psychologist: build up your self esteem.
To a humanist:belief in the human potential.
To a self made egotist: a false crutch for the weak-minded.
To a religionist: have faith in God (but demons do and they tremble).
To a scientist: the power of a rational mind.
To a educator: an enlighten mind.

I have a simple faith.
In a substitute Savior who shed His own life blood;
Who rose again to seal my justification.

I HAVE A SIMPLE FAITH
IN THE ALL-SUFFICIENCY OF THE WORD OF GOD
IT WILL RENEW AND TRANSFORM YOU.

I HAVE A SIMPLE FAITH
THAT WHETHER BY DEATH OR THE SHOUT
I WILL GO TO HIM.

For you see my faith is not in self but only upon the Promise of His own word
~ Ephesians 2:8-9


~ Mark E. Goossen
© 2009 The Goossen Grapevine

No comments: